Our first project is over!
Fuerza Bruta: Look Up!
Fuerza Bruta, the world-famous, pioneering, Argentine company, performed in Leeuwarden (December 5 - 19, 2019) - after world cities such as New York, London, Berlin, Moscow, Beijing and Tokyo.
What a great event it was. Full of energy and surprises. And what positive responses we had! See here what the audience thought of Fuerza Bruta!
The location - Mannen van Staal - was also fantastic. A really special location for the event!
And the event did not only consist of the main act Fuerza Bruta. In addition, we had a young artists' side programme (see here for more information), food and drinks in front of and behind the screen, and live bands every evening.
And also, less visible but very important, we had:
- a workshop with dancers in training at D-Drive;
- a workshop for young people from various disadvantaged neighbourhoods in Leeuwarden;
- a collaboration with New Faces Festival to give a chance, within our volunteers' team, to newcomers in the Netherlands;
- a collaboration with Talant to give people with mild disabilities a role in our volunteers' team;
- Islam Richie, refugee from Syria with his catering company;
- accessibility to the show for wheelchair users;
- audio description for blind and partially sighted people.
It is a brave new world - our arms are open to everyone.
Photo Credit: Henri Vos
Thanks to our sponsors, partners and funders
This project would not have been possible without the wonderful support of all those listed below!
Thank you! You are the best!
Thanks to everyone in our
Evelyn Andoh, Marc Blekkenhorst, Marleen Dalman, Wytse Dijkstra, Willem de Graaf, Siegriet de Vries, Jeffrey Dodewaard, Tom Fopma, Jeroen Greydanus, Anton Hakkert, Jochem Knoef, Aize Kramer, Trudy Kruizenga, Hielke Mous, Marijn Nagel, Hillebrand Rijpma, Thijs ten Berge, Dirk Rob van der Meijden, Bouke van der Staal, Jetze Steensma, Hans Stienstra, Guido Veenstra, Thijs Wever, Band of Volunteers parkeerteam en de Rode Kruis.
Thanks! You are the best!
Thanks to everyone who worked on the marketing and press for this event
Brigitte Baas, Michiel de Jong,
Radboud Droog, Tatjana Eerkart,
Tjal Goldenbeld, Jelle Haaima, Lieuwe Krol, Niels Lahuis, Jannemarij Noordeermans, Alisia Poutsma, Geert-Jan Telkamp, Tom Veenhujisen, Haike Visscher, Yael Water
Thanks! You are fantastic!